1. Get outside. When in doubt, when stressed, when feeling cooped up just walk outside. Sit in the grass. Feel the ground beneath you & breathe.
2. Be happy. Just try at least. Sing a happy song. Do a happy dance. Be silly.
3. Find a hoolahoop. Turn on the jams. Move and feel the circular rhythm.
4. Listen to you own better judgment. Do what’s right. Stay out of trouble. Be safe.
5. Write. In a journal. To a friend away from home. Thank yous. The world could use more handwritten thank yous.
6. Give a gift. It’s more fun than getting one. Especially if you bake it or make it from scraps.
7. Daydream. If you can’t remember your dream from the night before, daydream for at least an hour during the day.
-Saige Silverman, Fort Myers